The Church is called to forge new pathways for living into the gospel in the face of escalating justice challenges and decline in social trust posed by the climate crisis.
- Partner with six pilot congregations to create contextualized climate liturgies.
- Share concrete models that connect ministry, mission, and worship through the lens of the climate crisis.
- Implement best practices for churches to address other pressing contextual issues.
- Live faithfully into APLM’s mission and apply its historical gifts to the needs of
- Authentic responses to the spiritual challenges and threats of climate crisis.
- A broad range of disciples planning and leading missional worship.
- New liturgical expressions of invitation, intercession, and lament that re-connect people with their environment.
- Confidence to serve the community creatively through worship, ritual, and engagement outside the church walls.
- Recruit a Congregational Team of 6 or more
- Two Congregational Team members attend the APLM conference in Collegeville, MN from July 17 to 21, 2023, then orient and equip the Congregational Team
- Plan and create liturgical materials, working regularly with an assigned APLM Partner for resource gathering and support
- Create a publishable format of your project for the wider Church (ex: video, liturgical texts, etc.)
- Host a Zoom Orientation for congregational teams (May 2023)
- Pay the cost of two Congregational Team members to attend the APLM Collegeville Conference (Pending grant funds)
- Offer ongoing resources to help congregational teams carry out their projects including at least one responsive and encouraging APLM Partner,
and a website for sharing liturgical resources
- Host a follow up conference in 2024
To be considered for this project and funds for two representatives from your parish to attend the conference, please fill out our the attached document telling us about your team and your congregation. Deadline for application is Friday May 19th (midnight Pacific time). We will be in touch with congregations to confirm selection by June 2nd.
This program is made possible through a Vital Worship Grant from the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship, Grand Rapids, Michigan, with funds provided by Lilly Endowment Inc.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us through this website or by contacting a member of our Executive Committee.